August 30, 2025
The public prosecutor has not proven in Canadian hockey sex assault trial: judge

The public prosecutor has not proven in Canadian hockey sex assault trial: judge

The prosecutors have not proven that five Canadian professional hockey players had committed sexual assault, a judge found on Thursday that the evidence of the female complainant was neither “credible nor reliable”.

The defendant, who previously all played in the National Hockey League -was in court for allegations that after a celebration for a national men -junior team, they attacked the woman in a hotel room in June 2018.

Advertising

Michael McLeod, Alex Formenton, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart and Callan Foote refused to do so and insist that the prosecutor – whose identity is protected – has approved a variety of sex files in a hotel room in London, Ontario.

“After I have found that I cannot rely on the evidence of the (the complainant) and then take the evidence in this legal proceedings as a whole, I conclude that the crown cannot meet its responsibility as in one of the counts prescribed in front of me,” said the Supreme Court, Maria Carcccia, to a packaged court.

“I don’t find the EM’s evidence credible or reliable,” said the judge.

The complainant at the time met McLeod in a bar in London before he had sex with him.

Advertising

This initial encounter was not in the encounter in the trial version, which concentrated on events that appeared after McLeod sent a team-wide group chat in which he was asked whether someone was interested in a “three-way”.

The prosecutors argued that the players with the complainant participate sex files with the complainant, without taking measures to ensure their approval.

Defense lawyers said the woman took part in cheap and only raised the allegations of attack after they had regretted their decisions.

Criminal proceedings in Canada are often decided by a jury, but the case only shifts to a procedure only to a procedure after two juries have been rejected.

An initial police examination of the allegations did not result in charges.

Advertising

However, subsequent media probes showed hockey canada, a government agency that was paid by the subscription fees of normal families for an extrajudicial settlement of USD 3.6 million) with the woman, which forced the resignation of the resignation of hockey canada.

The London police opened the case again and received charges against the players last year.

The case that focused on the developing definition of consent under the law was one of the closest Canadian history and triggered a debate about culture in hockey, the esteemed national sport.

BS/BGS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *