The police are gathered for a second night by demonstrators and counter-population groups in front of a hotel in East London after it turned out that asylum seekers should be accommodated there.
The officers guard the four-star Britannia International Hotel an der Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf.
Stand against racism on Wednesday at 6 p.m. an event “Defend Refugees Emergency Mobilization” showed on X, formerly Twitter.
It says: “Please come as soon as possible to accommodate and say that you are not welcome in London!”
On Tuesday, video material seemed to show 20 to 30 officers in front of the hotel, while the demonstrators gathered.
Other clips on social media sang activists when the metropolitan police protected a small group of opposing structures.
Hotel guests with reservations arrived while others tried to secure reimbursements.
There are also allegations that employees who had previously worked in the hotel were released on the same day.
The MET said: “The officials were present in a protest in front of a hotel in Canary Wharf.
“No arrests were made. Officers stay in the area to deal with incidents.”
Film material on social media from Tuesday evening showed that eggs had been thrown. A police helicopter was seen up in heaven.
Britannia Hotels were contacted by the standard for a comment.
After the news that the Britannia Hotel in Canary Wharf is now illegal immigrants, a group of demonstrators has gathered outside. There is a significant police presence here, but this is not surprising what happened in Epping last Thursday evening. pic.twitter.com/x5zfzlklc1
– Matt Capon (@mattlcapon) July 22, 2025
The Tower Hamlets Council said: “We are aware of the government’s decision to use the Britannia Hotel in Canary Wharf to offer asylum seekers temporarily.
“It is important that the government ensures that there is a complete support package for those who stay in the hotel.
“We work with the Ministry of the Interior and the partners to ensure that all the necessary security and security precautions are available.”
People were depicted in the hotel on Wednesday.
The MP Aspana Begum of Poplar and Limehouse said: “We are clear in Poplar and Limehouse: refugees are welcome here. In view of relentless demonization and targeting, we are still with migrants for their right to security and dignity.
“It is the right -wing extremist and its hateful ideology that are not welcome here.”
It is said that some migrants from the Bell Hotel in Epping, Essex, are bustling into the capital that has experienced violent disorders last week, but it is understood that it is not yet used as an asylum hotel.
The problems began after asylum seeker Hadush Gerberslasie Kebatu, 38, had been charged with sexual attacks by a 14-year-old girl by trying to kiss her. He denied the indictment when he appeared in court last week.
The journalist Matt Capon wrote about X: “A group of demonstrators gathered outside.
“There is a significant police presence here, but it is not surprising what happened in Epping last Thursday evening.”
Reform UK boss Whip Lee Anderson added in a video signature from the scene: “Canary Wharf.
“The International Hotel is now in blocking because they are preparing for an influx of illegal migrants. 500 rooms here. What do we play on?”
Furious customers have left ratings on Tripadvisor and said they were blind by the hotel’s sudden decision and had already paid for excursions in the capital.
One person wrote: “On June 9th I booked two rooms in this hotel for two nights in August. Today (six weeks later) I received an e -mail that canceled my booking because the hotel took a large group booking.
“How can someone trust a hotel who tells their customers?
Another person said: “The absolutely horrific experience with the Britannia International Hotel. My confirmed reservation was canceled less than 24 hours before my stay by a short call, citing a” private rental “event.
“I have not received an official e -mail confirmation of the cancellation and offered absolutely no support or alternative accommodation -although this is completely at the discretion of the hotel.
“This is an obvious violation of your own cancellation directive and shows a complete disregard for guests, especially for those who travel outside of London. Your handling was not only unprofessional and disorganized, but also deeply ruthless.”
The Essex police said that the protests in the bell began peacefully at the beginning of this month, but “escalated to the point of the disorder and criminal damage”.
Jonathan Glover, 47, from Springfields, Waltham Abbey, Stuart Williams, 36, from Duck Lane, Thornwood, Epping, Keith Silk, 33, from Torrington Drive, Loughton, and Dean Smith, 51, from Madells, Epping, were charged on August 18.
Williams and Smith have been custody in custody while glover and silk are on a conditional deposit, said the troop.
A fifth man, Joe McKenna, 34, from the Highcliffe Road, Wickford, is accused of not removing a facial cover if he is supposed to do so, and remains on the deposit until a hearing at the Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court.
The chief superintendent Simon Anslow said: “As I consequently said in our police in this matter, it is not about preventing or limiting people’s lawful law, expressing their views and protests.
“Those who exercise this right in a peaceful way have nothing to fear.
“This is about preventing violent disorders and protecting the public.
“We will not hesitate to make arrests when crime takes place.
“We remain impartial at all times and have legal tasks to ensure that peaceful protest is made easier.
“Our priority during the police work of every protest is the security of everyone there, and we have used proven tactics of public order to achieve this.”
The official said on Monday that the cost of monitoring the incidents in Epping had reached £ 100,000 in the past week.