The English defender Jess Carter announced that during the euro in 2025 she was the goal of “a lot of racial abuse”.
So far, the 27-year-old has started all defending champions in Switzerland and says that she will now take a step back from social media to concentrate on the rest of the campaign.
Advertising
Mark Bullingham, Managing Director of Football Association, said that his organization “contacted” the British police immediately as soon as they were drawn to the abuse and swore to ensure that “those who are responsible for this hate crime”, while an explanation that the English team had shared behind this online gap was responsible become”.
Carter wrote in her social media accounts and said in a statement: “A message to the fans …
“I experienced a lot of racial abuse from the beginning of the tournament. While I think that every fan is entitled to his opinion on performance and the result, I do not agree or think it is okay to aim for a person’s appearance or race.
Advertising
“As a result, I will take a step back from social media and leave it to a team.
“As always, I am grateful for the support of real fans, but I accept this measure to protect myself in order to concentrate on helping the team in any way to help in every conceivable way.
“Hopefully people will make people write this abuse that is considering twice so that others do not have to deal with it.
“We have made some historical changes with this lionness squad that I am so proud of being part of, and my hope is that it will make another positive change for everyone.
Advertising
“I’m looking forward to helping all my energy in the help of my team.”
England will travel to Geneva next, where they will compete in the semi -finals of Italy on Tuesday evening.
The defending champions previously recorded a knee before games, but revealed in a squad declaration that they decided to stop before the semi -finals and said: “It is clear that we have to find a different way to take racism.”
Kneeling, a symbolic gesture against racism, became known in 2016 when the NFL player Colin Kaepernick knelt in protest during the United States national anthem and was spread further during the Black Lives Matter Movement.
A team statement that was published on the official account of the Lionesses on X was: “We stand with Jess and all Löwnes players who suffered racism.
Advertising
“Nobody should have to endure such a hideous abuse, it is in football or on a curriculum vitae.
“Our country is the greatest honor. It is not correct that some of us are treated differently during the color of our skin.
“So far we have decided to take the knee in front of the games. It is clear that we and football have to find a different way to combat racism. We agreed to stay as a squad before the start on Tuesday.
“We hope that the game can come together to see what more can be done. At the moment we will return our focus on an important semi -finals.
Advertising
“In the meantime, we know that the FA is working with the British police and the relevant positions. Those who are responsible behind this online poison must be held accountable.”