August 30, 2025
Nobody needs social media – Lucy bronze topics that warn of Jess Carter abuse

Nobody needs social media – Lucy bronze topics that warn of Jess Carter abuse

Lucy Bronze warned social media company that football players can “thrive” without their services after her English team-mate Jess Carter at Euro 2025 was the goal of hideous racist online abuse.

In an explanation that was published in several networks in her accounts, Carter said that she would “take a step back from social media and leave it to a team”, while teammates Lotte Lotte Wubben-Moy said that “the platforms that enable this abuse with no consequence” for the rest of the tournament will not continue to feed.

Advertising

And while bronze were eight -sided players who were able to easily restrict the connections with the platforms, she was still “sad” for Carter, who admitted she admitted, possibly also to be “missed” to celebrate with supporters, as the defending champions prepare for the semi -finals on Tuesday with Italy in Geneva.

“I think no player needs social media,” said Bronze. “I think that’s one thing we can always remember that we play football because we love sport.

“We love to play, we love to connect with our fans. Social media is a great way to do that, but we don’t need it.

Advertising

“I think this is something that the platforms should be very aware that nobody needs social media. If you want to continue in sports, we can thrive without you, but it is sad that the players miss so many of these great messages.

“Someone like Jess, she had an amazing tournament. I think she was one of our best players in the Netherlands, for example, and she should be able to see news and fans and support and to live at this moment because it is something you can celebrate.

“So it is sad that the players have to choose between this roller coaster ride that sends us social media.”

In an explanation, Mark Bullingham, head of Football Association, confirmed that his organization has already referred to the “hideous” abuse to the British police who “are in contact with the relevant social media platform”, and said that the FA will continue to discuss what more can and should discuss with the responsible authorities and social media companies. “

The lionesses agreed that they will not “take the knee” before the start in Geneva, a symbolic gesture of anti-racism, who have been protested since 2016 when the NFL player Colin Kaepernick kneeled in protest during the Stars Spangled Banner.

Advertising

“So far we have decided to take the knee before playing,” says a team statement.

“It is clear that we and football have to find a different way to fight racism. We agreed to stay before the kick -off on Tuesday.”

Bronze agreed that there has been “change” since Kaepernick’s protest, but added: “I think the problem is that the game is growing in football and in life and everything grows in life, there is also more change outlets for abuse and racism.

“It’s just not enough. I think that’s the point. Not enough is done. Small changes are made, there are always small steps forward, but that’s the problem. It is always a small step.

Advertising

“And we don’t want it to be small more. We want it to be ‘that happens, there are changes, it is unacceptable’ and there are no little steps because we get to the point where it should be in the world, and especially in the world of football players.

“It feels like there is a place where we can control abuse online, especially in online racism. Everything is monitored online so that it simply makes no sense for us.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *