August 30, 2025
Chelseas Joao Pedro is ready to start Rio Beach Break in the Club World Cup

Chelseas Joao Pedro is ready to start Rio Beach Break in the Club World Cup

Joao Pedro insists that he is ready to start Chelsea, even though he follows the squad directly from his Rio Beach holiday.

The Brasil service ager completed its 60 million pound change to Brighton last week and was immediately appointed on the bank for the club of the club of the club against Palmeiras in Philadelphia.

Advertising

Now that the striker Liam Delap was suspended in New York for the semi-finals on Tuesday against another Brazilian team, Flumineense, the 23-year-old is ready to start.

It was a whirlwind week for Joao Pedro who was on vacation when the call from Chelsea came, but he says he was prepared for measures.

Joao Pedro is knitting his arms to score a goal for Brighton

Joao Pedro was signed by Brighton (Adam Davy/Pa) for £ 60 million

“I was on vacation,” he said. “I was spent in Brazil – yes, beach, Brazilian food, time with friends.

“But I always trained – I have a personal trainer – so I was ready. Imagine I haven’t trained and Chelsea called me to come, then it would be more difficult for me.

“If I want to start or not, it’s not my decision, but I will try to improve myself, ready for (head coach) Enzo (Maresca), and if he needs me, we will see.”

Advertising

Joao Pedro, who performed as a replacement in the second half in the 2-1 victory against Palmeiras, began his professional career with a fluminense.

Chelsea trainer Enzo Maresca wakes up at the end of the Club World Cup round of the 16th game between Benfica and Chelsea in Charlotte, NC, on Saturday, June 28th

Enzo Maresca has the decision to put together at the front (Nell Redmond/AP)

He said: “Of course I spent a lot of time and years there. I grew up there and it will be an incredible experience, but now I play for Chelsea, so I have to concentrate on my team and who plays better, will win the game.”

Joao Pedros Brighton career ended under a cloud. He received a ban on three games after he was sent in Brentford in April and was dropped after a reported training group with team -mate Jan Paul van Hecke for her last two games.

After the latter incident, he said: “I think the people who know me know my character, but if two players want to win, these things happen and that is normal.

Advertising

“I’m now playing for Chelsea, so I just want to talk about Chelsea. There were only two players at the moment, we both wanted to win.”

Brighton and Hove Albions Jan Paul van Hecke during a game

Joao Pedro was reportedly involved in a stage with Jan Paul van Hecke (Joe Giddens/Pa).

It is not yet clear which position Joao Pedro will play in Chelsea, with Delap and Nicolas Jackson also fight for the center of the center forward.

“Delap has a style, Jackson, another and I have my way, but I think that’s good for Chelsea,” he added.

“I think who brings the team more good things. Everyone has to work hard and then Enzo will decide.”

When asked about this selection dilemma at his press conference before the game, Maresca said: “I have often said that five players scored 10 or 12 goals each when only strikers scored 40 goals.

“But I think Joao can play for us in all attack positions. He can play far, he can be inside or he can play as nine.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *