August 30, 2025
‘Angilized’ Messi about MLS All-Star NO show: League suspended

‘Angilized’ Messi about MLS All-Star NO show: League suspended

Lionel Messi and Inter Miami teammate Jordi Alba were suspended after the duo skipped the Major League Soccers all-star game at the beginning of this week, the league announced on Friday.

MLS said in a statement that Messi and Alba were not available for the collision against FC Cincinnati on Saturday due to their absence on the all-star show post on Saturday.

Advertising

“According to the rules of the league, every player who does not participate in the All-Star game without prior approval of the league is not able to take part in the next game of their club,” said the league in a brief explanation.

Messi and Alba were both selected to play in the game on Wednesday against a team of Mexican league MX as part of the all-star break of the league for a combined MLS team.

However, both players took off the showpiece on Wednesday for reasons that did not become known.

The Snub of the 11th hour left Messi and Alba with the sanction. According to the MLS rules, the players selected for the All-Star game must participate, unless they have a valid basic to do with a violation.

Advertising

The MLS Commissioner Don Garber said on Friday that the league had no other choice than to suspend the players this weekend from business and to describe the decision as a “very difficult decision”.

“I know that Lionel Messi loves this league,” said Garber. “I don’t think there is a player – or anyone – who has done more for Major League Soccer than Messi. I understand, respect and admire his commitment to Inter Miami fully and respect his decision.

“Unfortunately we have a long-term guideline to participate in the All-Star game and had to enforce it. It was a very difficult decision.”

However, Garber said that MLS would check his existing guideline in the future.

Advertising

“We will look at the guideline intensively in the future,” he said. “I am obliged to work with our players to determine how the rule should develop.”

– Messi ‘very angry’ –

The billionaire of Inter Miami, Jorge Mas, blew up the decision of later exposing Messi and Alba with reporters in a conference call, and described Messi as “very angry” by the league’s decision.

“Leo Messi is very upset. I hope that it has no long -term effects,” said Mas, who is currently talking to Messi about an extension of his current contract that ends at the end of this year.

Advertising

“Will it affect the perception of the league and its rules? Without a doubt,” added MAS. “Lionel differs from everyone else. He wants to take part in competition games.”

On Wednesday, Garber said that the league had previously had to know about the NO show, but has expressed a certain sympathy for the strenuous schedule for Messi in the past few weeks.

The 38-year-old Argentine superstar played nine games in 35 days and played for 90 minutes in every game, including four games at the FIFA Club World Championship.

“Miami had a schedule that is different from any other team,” said Garber. “Most of our teams had a 10-day break. Miami doesn’t have it. So we have to do it as a league.”

Advertising

The participation of Messi and Alba in the game was under a cloud after Miami trainer Javier Mascherano stated last weekend that he had preferred that the duo was excused by all-star obligations.

“The players are called. I would prefer to rest, but it’s not my decision,” said Mascherano.

RCW/JS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *