August 30, 2025
Mother, who was arrested in court with cancer next to the six -year -old son, sued ice cream ice cream

Mother, who was arrested in court with cancer next to the six -year -old son, sued ice cream ice cream

A Honduran woman who was looking for asylum in the USA is sued by the Trump government after immigration officers, including her six-year-old son, who was diagnosed with leukemia, arrested in front of an immigration court in Los Angeles.

The woman who was identified as a “Ms. Z” in the lawsuit, and her nine -year -old daughter and her six -year -old son have been in custody for several weeks after her arrest in a prison in Texas. The government used it to accelerate distant processes.

Lawyers from the family say they were arrested as part of the “nationwide campaign of the government in order to summarize the law-loving non-state members when they participated in their hearing of the immigration court”. Such arrests that have never appeared in the United States in the United States “, according to the lawsuit submitted this week. The lawsuit claim that the family is arrested for violating their constitutional rights.

The family applied last year to the United States after braided their home country, where they were exposed to “immediately impending, threatening death threats”. They followed the “rightful procedure”, were based on probation and lived according to court documents that were made available by the Texas civil rights project.

In the boy, acute lymphblastic leukemia was diagnosed and successfully treated for two years at the age of three. While no more leukemia cells were found in his blood, his mother knew that he had to be monitored regularly and medical care, and brought him to several appointments as soon as they had settled in the United States.

After participating in a trial in Los Angeles last month, in which her case was suddenly dismissed, federal agents arrested the family “without prior notice or warning” when they left the courtroom.

They were not allowed to go or make calls, the lawsuit says. The six -year -old, after seeing an agent pistol, urinated himself out of fear and, according to the suit, was in wet clothing for hours.

Related: Trump locks immigrant families again. A mother, a father and a teenager tell about ‘fear “

The family has been taking place in a detention center in Dilley, Texas, since their arrest. The six -year -old missed a medical appointment in connection with his diagnosis at the beginning of this month due to the detention of the family.

Storage has severely disadvantageous effects on the physical and mental health of children and may cause “severe psychological trauma”, and research has determined that children in the Dilley facility suffer from the “inadequate medical care”.

The six -year -old has “lost his appetite, experienced slight bruises and occasional bone pain and looks pale. Both children cry every evening.

DHS officer Tricia McLaughlin told the guardian in a statement that the boy was treated regularly in custody.

“First of all, a detainees who refuses to provide emergency care are never refused during the detention,” said McLaughlin, deputy secretary of DHS. “Fortunately, the minor child in question has not subjected chemotherapy for over a year and has been seen regularly by medical staff since he arrived at the Dilley facility.”

“The implication that ICE refuse to provide medical care to a child, which it needs, and it is an insult to the men and women of the federal prosecution. ICE always prioritizes health, security and well -being of all prisoners in his care.”

Lawyers request the immediate release of the family for medical treatment and say that they are not a fluid risk and “have done everything the government demands from them”.

“The government does not determine any petents to serve their legitimate interests in protection against dangers or the fluid risk,” says the submission of legal statements. “Instead, the government is related to this family, together with countless others who were arrested in their court buildings, for the illegitimate reason that they were easy to locate because they were where DHS told them they should pursue humanitarian relief.”

The family sued the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the immigration and customs authority (ICE), the Ministry of Justice (DOJ) and the supervisor of the internment management center, the incumbent director of ICE, the Homeland Secrety Secretary and the Attorney General.

McLaughlin said that the family had “decided to make an appointment against their case – which had already been ejected by an immigration judge – and would remain in ice custody until this determination”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *