A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, which was one day late, started delivering a fresh three-man-in-women crew to the international space station on Friday.
The Falcon 9 took off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 11:43 a.m. when the mission control rolled the clouds into the area shortly before the start.
After commander Zena Cardman and Co-Pilot Mike Fincke Cockpit display, which was flanked by the Japanese Astronaut Kimiya Yui, and was flanked on the right of Cosmonaut Oleg Platonov, the crew Dragon Capsule began its ascent. Nine minutes later they reached the orbit and set off after the international space station.
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket lifts from Kennedy Space Center with a four -person crew to the international space station on August 1, 2025. / Credit: NASA TV
“I don’t have any emotions at the moment. That was absolutely transcendent, the journey of her life,” says Cardman with radio and made her first flight. “Thank you, that was an incredible honor.”
Fincke added, a three-flight veteran: “Boy, it’s great to be back in orbit! Thanks to SpaceX and NASA to bring us here. What a trip!”
The crew originally hoped to lift ThursdayBut clouds that are built over the starting location and SpaceX called the countdown only 67 seconds before withdrawing. The weather remained a problem the second time, but “Go” were at the start under the end conditions.
Two and a half minutes after the upswing, the motors of the first stage of Falcon 9, the stage fell off and the flight to the orbit continued the performance of the only Merlin engine, which supplies the second stage of the Falcon 9 with electricity.
The booster now turned and turned over the course, flew back to a visual touchdown on a landing pad at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, with SpaceXs 65. Florida Landing and his 484. Successful successful booster recovery was built as a whole overall.
A minute after the landing, the engine of the second stage closed and the visit to the Crew Dragon was released to fly by themselves.
If the crew had created on Thursday, it would have taken almost 40 hours to get the space station. With a start on Friday, the trip was expected to only take 16 hours and a docking was set up on Saturday at 3:00 a.m. on the square at the forth-Harmony module.
For Cardman, the journey into space finally fulfills a dream that she had fulfilled last year when it was started to the space station as a commander of a former crew flight within one month.
But she and the crew 9 crewmate Stephanie Wilson were freed from the flight to two seats to bring them Starliner astronauts Barry “Butch” Wilmore and pilot Sunita Williams Back to Earth after a longer stay in space.
Crew 11, suitable and ready to start. From left to right: Mike Fincke, Cosmonaut Oleg Platonov, Japanese Astronaut Kimiya Yui and Commandant Zena Cardman. / Credit: NASA
Wilmore and Williams flew to the Orbital Lab Complex in June 2024 in the first piloted flight of a Starliner. However, your stay in space was extended due to problems of the star drive system. The NASA managers finally decided to bring them on board the Crew 9 Dragon at the beginning of this year, with the seats abandoned by Cardman and Wilson.
Wilson has not yet been assigned to any other flight, but Cardman was picked up on the command of Crew 11.
“If I only think about it as an individual and how it influenced me, it was of course an unexpected change,” she said. “But in space flight it is not about me or a person. It’s about what we can do together. None of us can do so ourselves.
“Now I have the opportunity to train with this wonderful, amazing crew. Life is a trip. It takes a lot of curves and I’m only grateful to be here.”
Fincke is a 58-year-old three-flight veteran who trained to fly on board Boeing’s Starliner, as well as the Japanese astronaut Kimiya Yui. Both crew 11 were assigned after the problems that occurred during the Starlin test flight last year.
Platonov, who made his first flight, was assigned to Crew 11 as part of a common US-Russian seat Swap program. The agreement is intended to ensure that at least one representative of each country is always on board the ISS, even if a crew Ferry ship has to leave in an emergency and have to take all of its crew members with him.
Platonov is the seventh cosmonaut that flies on board a crew kite on board.
A long -awaited mission on board the space station
The crew 11 is welcomed by Crew 10 Commander Anne McClain, Pilot Nichole Ayers, Commander Takuya Onishi and Cosmonaut Kirill Peskov, on board the Crew 10 space station. Kim, started from Kazakhstan on April 8th.
Clothing and personal items for Cardman are already on board, which were started last year before their expected crew 9 flight. These personal objects contained birthday cards, including one of her father, a physicist who died last August shortly before the NASA -Cardman from Crew 9.
She will celebrate her next birthday, her 38th October.
“My parents knew that I would be on my birthday last year, we thought, so they sent them a few articles in advance so that I could feel at home while I was up there. And now I have the chance to see her,” Cardman told CBS News.
“My whole story, the people who have brought me to where I am today, I think it will really feel something special to feel this connection to my father to my parents on my birthday in space.”
Cardman and their crew members replace the crew 10 flyers who plan to break off on August 6th, and plan in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Southern California to complete a 145-day mission. The highlights included a space walk from McClain and Ayers and a uninterrupted schedule for research and ward expectations.
“I’m looking forward to doing nothing a few days later,” McClain joked when she was asked what she was most looking forward to returning to Earth. Onishi said he was looking forward to seeing his family again, “and also a hot shower on the floor!”
The crew 11 flight leaves will join seven astronauts and cosmonauts on board the space station. Lower row, left to right: Crew 10 Commander Anne McLain and Soyus flight engineer Jonny Kim, a NASA astronaut. Middle row, from left to right: crew 10 Cosmonaut Kirill Peskov, Soyuz Commandant Sergey Ryzhikov and cosmonaut Alexey Zurbritsky; Upper row from left to right: Crew 10 Pilot Nichole Ayers and Japanese occupation members Takuya Onishi. / Credit: NASA
Ayers added, who said she would miss the opportunity to photograph the earth from the viewpoint of space: “In addition to what Anne and Tak said, I am actually looking forward to a large, juicy burger on the beach.”
NASA plans to retire the 2030 space station and to use an individual spaceship that is designed by SpaceX to take the 930,000 pound football field-size laboratory out of orbit to ensure that it breaks out in the atmosphere above the southern Pacific, far from all populated areas.
The vehicle shows signs of wear from a decade -old spacecraft of the size and complexity of the international space station. One of the most worrying problems is a small, but persistent leak in a compartment between the Russian Zvezda module and its port with aft.
The leak was discovered in 2019. The Russians believe that it is related to metal fatigue. NASA manager think it is more complicated. In any case, cosmonauts on board the station have made several attempts to connect the leaks, but they have existed.
At the beginning of this summer, NASA stopped the start of the Axiom 4 flight to the space station, since a hatch with which the expiring subject was derived was also leaking. You have now confirmed that the hatch can actually be sealed to protect the integrity of the primary air supply of the station.
“The rest of the station is tight and licks,” said Bill Spetch, NASA ISSA ISSE Integration Operations Manager. “We monitor this continuously, and everything else shows that we are really tight on our leak rate for the rest of the ISS, no indications of other cracks or other places.”
Said Departing Crew 10 Commander McClain: “We feel very safe.”
Arkansas officials reveal new details about Devil’s the Murder of husband and wife
The scientist measures the greatest lightning strike in the recorded story
Trump tariffs in India begins on August 7th