August 31, 2025
Carlisle Bare-Knuckle Boxing Champion announces retirement

Carlisle Bare-Knuckle Boxing Champion announces retirement

Carlisle Bare Knuckle-Boxer Danny Christie has announced his resignation from the BKFC.

The 40-year-old former British champion says that he will no longer fight on the Major Bare Knuckle platform.

Christie announced his decision after his recent defeat in a title fight in a world weight against Connor Terney.

Advertising

The Currock fighter retired last autumn to reverse his decision to take over Terney.

Now Christie steps out of the top bar Knuckle scene again.

“It was time that I no longer compete,” said the Cumbrian on his YouTube channel.

“I withdraw from the BKFC.

“I will no longer compete in naked ankles.

“I just don’t have the feeling that I still have something to do in this game.

“Never, never in my wildest dreams or imagination I would have ever imagined that I do what I did in the BKFC.

“What an honor and privilege was to be one of the names that pioneering this company in Great Britain helped and what it is today.

Advertising

“Bare Knuckle is where it is. I love the BKFC. I love the sport, I love the game.

Christie defeated Anthony Holmes to win the British BKFC title in 2023, and also had title fights in other weight departments (Image: BKFC)

“I had a brilliant feedback from the BKFC. They provided me with a position and worked with the company in Great Britain, which is massive and brilliant. It is what I wanted to do.

“I’m a ambassador for the BKFC. But I decided that it is enough.”

Christie said that after earlier fights he “retired”, but added: “There is only so often that I can continue.

Advertising

“There are only a certain number of training camps that you are willing to assert yourself.”

Christie became the British light champion with a light weight in 2023 when after winning over Terry Brazier and Darren Godfrey Anthony Holmes in Leeds to take the belt.

After the defeat against the American fighter Jared Warren, he successfully defended his British title against David Round.

Christie then moved into the middleweight and defeated Jimmy Millar and received a world championship title in which he was beaten by the American star David Mundell.

This fight last October prompted Christie to retire, but he returned in Terney in Birmingham last month.

Advertising

Home-City Favorit Tierney has campaigned in the fourth round of a closely contested and wild struggle through Christie’s technical knockout.

After almost three weeks since this fight, the Carlisle Boxer has now made his decision to name it for a day.

“I just displayed two shows from back on my back,” he added. “I have no interest in returning somewhere and fighting a randomer in the middle of a card.

“No disrespect for the boys who do that, but I’ve come for so long.”

Christie said that he would “still be in the game”, and the Currock man has worked with the aspiring Carlisle fighter Kieron Sewell, who has just signed a deal for the BKFC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *