US President Donald Trump has claimed that the Trophy Club World Championship, which plays an outstanding role in the Oval Office, will remain there and that FIFA made a copy of the trophy after its victory in the final of the tournament on Sunday.
Trump took part in the final with numerous members of his cabinet and the FIFA President Gianni Infantino. The few presidents jointly presented Chelsea captain Reece James the trophy, whereby Trump remained in the middle despite the obvious confusion of Chelsea players and the plea by Infantino.
Advertising
The incident is only the last in a long series of intersections between the US President and the world of FIFA, which started seriously this year, shortly after Trump started his second term. Infantino revealed the Club World Cup Trophy for the first time in an event in the Oval Office in March, and the trophy has remained there for all subsequent events since then.
Related: Trump’s presence at Chelseas Trophy Lift was a suitable Coda for a misguided tournament | Jonathan Wilson
“I said when will you pick up the trophy? [They said] “We will never pick it up. You can have it in the oval office forever. We’ll do a new one,” said Trump on Sunday in an interview with the official Club World Cup channel. ” And you actually made a new one. [Office] At the moment. “
The exact differences between the trophies are unknown if there are some. The FIFA was addressed for clarification.
Advertising
At other points of the interview, Trump suggested that he could describe football as football in the United States, and said that leaders of other countries described the hottest country in the world as the “hottest country in the world” in terms of economic activity and political positioning.
“It is about unity,” said Trump about the introduction of the FIFA Club World Championship and the men’s World Cup to the USA. “It’s about everyone coming together and a lot of love between the countries. I think that’s probably international sport, so the world can really bring it together.”
Planning for the World Cup next year was exposed to some hurdles that were presented by the second Trump government, including travel bans in countries that would affect fans who hope to travel to the USA to see the games (although there are exceptions for athletes and employees), the risk of ice attacks in games and long waiting times for Visa.